Thursday, April 3, 2008

what i'm playing this week (orange box edition)

what i'm playing now

in my illustrious tradition of trying to catch up on all the great games that everybody played months ago, i just grabbed a used copy of the orange box for my 360.

super stoked to finally play portal and figure out what this means:

the cake is a lie
hehehe. if you're going to try to ruin it for me, however, i must warn you that i'm almost done-it's not that long a game, and i don't suck at games that much...

what i just finished playing

i finally got my last achievement for bully:se, making it my first 1000/1000 gamerscore game in my collection, and the first game i've played 100% through since my obsession with the godfather game on wii.

really a satisfying game, despite the technical hardships-freezing, stuttering and missing audio, etc. i also am offically done with assassin's creed as i somehow missed one conversation with lucy, therefore meaning i'll have to play through the entire game again for that achievement. f the flags. f lucy. f any more time achievement point grinding on that game.

liked the game, hated the emphasis on dumb collecting challenges.

bully got that one right. while you have to collect three different types of things in the game-smash gnomes, grab g&g cards and rubber bands-they put them on the map for you and each one disappears when you get it.

there was no guessing as to whether you got it, consulting a faq for help, and then getting even more annoyed because you couldn't figure out on the map which one you had and which you were still missing!

argggh.

either way i'm done with them and on to good times with new games on the horizon too.

grand theft auto IV
can you say gta iv?

gouranga!!!

JD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also almost done with the "assassin's creed." Great game, I like such game themes. I am a bit behind with gaming. Can't wait to play other popular titles I have been hearing good feedback on.

You might be interested in the Young Entrepreneur Society from the www.YoungEntrepreneurSociety.com. A great documentary about successful entrepreneurs.