Monday, December 17, 2007

gaming present count="0"

i know this little html joke will be lost on countless people, but i just thought i'd outline a growing trend.

it seems that while i get tons of delectable gifts for christmas, that most people shy away from gaming gifts for me.

now, part of this is the inherent cost, which admittedly stops me from asking for many of the things i desire, but part of it i think is the tech gap syndrome.

it's not that my parents and fiancee know nothing about gaming, it's just that they know less than me. they're not experts *he says smugly into the camera*.

i think the holidays can be an intimidating time of year for non-techies who are shopping for techies, and i don't know if there's a solution in site.

i guess one way would be to go the old-fashioned route of posting your christmas wish lists online (via ign, facebook, amazon, etc). this is the proverbial 'letter to santa claus' in the form of wants, but still lacks the surprise christmas polish.

but is there a workaround? can i subtley and pyschically send messages to all my friends about my want for cash (or purchases) of/for rock band, a 360 pro, some 360 controllers and assassin's creed?

is there no way to broadcast my wants without sending valuable demographic info to advertisers everywhere? not yet i presume.

well, i will content myself to make mental lists of the things i want and think of future years, when i can just put it all in a t-shirt and use my portable silk-screen to broadcast it to my peers and elders.

looking to the future,

JD

No comments: