Wednesday, May 21, 2008

newsy news

well, it happened.

i mean, two things happened to be precise. i guess it was three. aww f-it, i'll just start breaking it down.

1. video game deprevation therapy.

first, i took a week off from gaming. it's not a big deal, but i wasn't getting much sleep, i was getting fairly irritable and my hair was getting long. so i got a haircut, and left my xbox packed up for a full week.

2. dusted off wii.
then came the re-awakening of my interest in the wii.

it was just boom boom boom, with mario kart wii being actually a fun online wii game (go figure!), then boom blox with it's physics-based awesomeness and now i'm sitting beside an un-opened copy of wii fit.

i think i pissed off some people today, though, because i didn't pre-order it and i guess people were turned away in the morning at my local eb because they had no pre-orders.

i walked in at 11:45 and the manager (whom i've gotten to know) grabbed one for me. i mentioned my lack of pre-order (which is unlike me for big release games that i'm not sure i'll be getting) and she hesitated for a second and then said 'it's cool' and sold me one of her three non-pre-ordered copies.

rad.

jen will be chuffed.

3. playstation whatnow?

oh, and three, i'm breaking down and getting a ps3.

you see, they've bundled the larger harddrive, backwards compatible, 80GB version PS3 with a copy of metal gear solid 4 for $500 and i can get it shipped to me.

this means a guaranteed copy of mgs4 without having to worry about konami or lines and i can get a ps3 that will play ps2 games all for a not too steep price.

i will now be a three console giant who answers to no man, but still answers to one woman.

peace be the journey,

JD

No comments: